Share It is a very simple and ready-to-use plugin, capable of including the following components to your site:
- Facebook's OpenGraph tags for each of your content articles and blogs
- Facebook's Like and Send button (including how many and which people has liked the article)
- Twitter's Tweet button
- Google's +1 button
Although it can be configured, the plugin doesn't need much more settings than enabling it to make it work in all your site's content articles:
- It will show all the buttons in your articles and blogs (article by article).
- It will grab your meta-description and meta-tags to set the descriptions into Facebook's OpenGraph (if they're not set, then it will take the first 140 characters of the article).
- It will grab the article's images (from the newest Joomla 2.5 configurable images) to set them to Facebook's OpenGraph.
You can see the three buttons, and the OpenGraph tags working in this articles and all the documentation.
After installing Share It, you must go to the Plug-In Manager and enable your new installed extension. Then click on the plugin's name and start the configuration.
The following is the configuration available for Facebook's Like and send buttons.