Lifestream lets you add your social and RSS streams to your site. Lifestream is comes with the following extensions:
- The Lifestream component, which handle all your Streams and Collections of Streams
- Many plugins to support all the popular Social sites (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and many others)
- The Lifestream module, which lets you display updates from your Streams anywhere on your site.
- The LIfestream Links module, which lets you display links to your Strems (your Twitter profile, for example) on your site.
Here's a list of all the supported types of Streams:
See the Managing Streams article to learn how you can use each type of Stream.
Lifestream Collections let you group Streams together. You could later use this collection to show relevant Strems on the same module on your site.
The core of Lifestream are all the activity streams you can add to it to display on your site.
A stream can be a list of updates from your favorite social sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and much more) or simply a RSS from your favorite blogs.
After you have created some Streams and/or Collections you can start using the modules. Lifestream comes with two modules:
- The Lifestream module lets you show your updates from different Streams on your site. For example you may want to show your latest tweets or the latest updates from your favorite blogs (through RSS).
- The Lifestream Links module lets you show just links to your social profile or RSS sources. For example, instead of showing your latest tweets you can just add a link to your Twitter profile.